Steps to find relatives using facebook
- Do a simple Facebook search for the name(s) that you have, and all combinations.
- If that doesn’t yield the result, then do a Google search for all the name combinations. If they are on Facebook, it should show up in your search results.
- If that doesn’t work and you know the name of a close family member of theirs, then you can use one of the commonly available people finding sites, such as Veromi, to find the person that you know. Your target person might show up as living with that person, which might give you some clues as to more details about their name and location. IMPORTANT NOTE: As a rule – never pay a fee to use these sites to obtain details about the person that it is not freely available.
- If that still doesn’t work, then I redo steps 1, 2 and 3, using either their parents names if you have them, or their siblings.
- The most important step is to look at all of their Friends names. If the person is on Facebook and they are pretty active, then they are likely to have some of their relatives as Friends. Even if you aren’t interested in all their relatives for your own tree, the last names might let you know that you have found the right person. For a woman, this is critically important. If you think you know their maiden name but not their married surname, then by looking at their Friends name, you are likely to find someone who have the target maiden name as their last name. This could clue you in that you have found your target person.
Article source: Find Relatives